In his role as Chief Executive Officer, Chris oversees investment attraction and retention activities of the Quinte Economic Development Commission, a regional economic development organization that represents the City of Belleville, The City of Quinte West (Trenton) and the Municipality of Brighton.
- Instrumental in assisting local business grow and expand in his community as well as attracting new manufacturing investment to the Bay of Quinte Region including Kruger Products, D’orsogna Sweet Ingredients, Vantage Foods, Research Castings, Kellogg and others.
- Earned the Economic Developers Association of Canada / University of Waterloo – Professional Economic Development Designation -Ec.D.
- BA (Economics) Carleton University
- Under Chris’s leadership the Quinte Economic Development Commission was the lead organization in developing programs to support the local manufacturing labour force. The Quinte EDC has accessed and administered over $8 million in funding on behalf of the local manufacturing sector.
- Recognized for his efforts by his colleagues when he received the VIA Rail Canada / Ontario East Economic Development Commission Economic Developer of the Year for 2000.
- In February of 2007 Chris was presented with top award for the Province and received the economic development achievement award for Ontario at the Economic Developers Council of Ontario annual conference.
- In 2008 and again in 2012 QEDC under Chris’ leadership was recognized by the Editors of the US based Site Selection Magazine and the Economic Developers Association of Canada as one of the top 10 economic development organizations in Canada.
Chris is active on a number of boards, committees and has lead a number of initiatives including:
- Co-developer of local Workforce Development Initiatives
- Ontario East Economic Development Commission Board Member
- Team Leader for the Eastern Ontario Advanced Manufacturing Sector Marketing Initiative
- Co-Chair of the Ontario Food Cluster
- Leader of several investment missions to major US Cities
- Ex-officio Trenval Community Development Corporation Board of Directors
- President of the Trenton Rotary Club
- Chair of the Board of Quinte SailAbility, a not for profit sail training school offering sailing to people of all ages with disabilities
- Chris is married to Yvonne and proud father to his girls – Carina and Makena